Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes. 712-262-4379
Biohazard cleanup involves cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing areas where a traumatic event such as an accident, injury or death has occurred. Biohazard cleanup can be challenging work that requires technicians to handle potentially hazardous materials such as blood, human or animal remains, chemical spills and more. How extensive a biohazard cleaning needs to be depends on the underlying hazardous material and the harm it poses. Unattended death and the aftermath of hoarding are the most common biohazard situations where it’s best to call in an expert. Handling and disposing of hazardous materials go further than just cleaning visible evidence of blood, bodily fluids, or a crime scene.
Federal and state rules regulate the handling and disposal of hazardous waste to ensure the safety of all persons. Trained professionals will properly establish the contaminated area, prevent cross-contamination, remove existing bio matter, decontaminate, and deodorize if necessary. Our trained professionals will use OSHA and EPA-approved products and protective equipment to detect, sanitize, and eliminate all blood borne pathogens and bio-hazardous waste.
We care for the people in our community and take pride in our work. You can count on our team to be discrete, maintain confidentiality, and treat each situation with care and compassion. A quick response can make all the difference when it comes to biohazards. SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes is here for you when you need us 24/7.
Commercial Storm Damage
SERVPRO professionals can handle anything from minor commercial storm damage to large-loss events.
Natural disasters are becoming more common across the country, and they can cause serious damage to commercial properties. Storms come in all shapes and sizes and it’s not uncommon for tornadoes to sweep through the Midwest during the summer months. Rain entering your business can have long-lasting effects. Mold can begin growing in as fast as 24 hours if the area isn’t dried properly.
You will want to hire a professional who can work fast and efficiently to fix any damage to your property. Professional restoration companies will assess the damage quickly allowing you to make informed decisions for repairs. From fires to floods to storm damage, the different types of damage that could strike your business require their own unique set of repairs. The process towards restoration is tedious, tiring, and can be overwhelming for business owners.
Restoration professionals have state-of-the-art equipment for handling storm damage. We will work with your insurance for a stress-free claims process. Our team of employees are certified by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) and have the required licensing for this area of work, including special licensing for mold remediation.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Restoration Company
- Get back to normal business faster
- Experienced help with your insurance claim
- Peace of mind with expert advice
- Save money on repairs
- Highly trained
- Minimize replacements
- Specialized equipment
- Safeguards health
Property restoration doesn’t have to be an overwhelming event. SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes has the experience, knowledge, training, and resources to exceed your expectations and restore your commercial property back to a safe and healthy condition. We offer fire and water cleanup and restoration services, mold mitigation and remediation, biohazard cleanup and removal, post construction and general cleaning services in Northwest Iowa.
Here in your community. Here to help. SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes. 712-262-4379
When there is more rain than the soil can absorb, the excess water can overwhelm storm drains and ditches causing a flash flood. Flash floods can cause water to rise significantly within a short period of time. These events may result in evacuations, loss of human life, power outages, traffic obstructions and road closures, damage to buildings and infrastructure, and loss of crops and livestock. You may not be able to stop every water issue, but there are a few things that you can do to safeguard your home from being exposed to excessive water.
Downspouts should carry water several feet away from your property to a well-drained area.
Perform a checkup on your sump pump if you have one. Pour water into your pit to make sure the discharge hose carries it away from your property to a well-drained area.
- Clean Out Gutters & Downspouts
Installing gutters and downspouts outside your home is one of the most important measures for waterproofing your basement. They will carry water away from your home to ensure no pooling occurs. Make sure to remove debris and blockages that have built up inside. Make sure to check them at least twice a year to make sure they are flowing properly.
- Install a Blackwater Valve
Heavy rains can cause problems out at the main sewer line, and in turn, can cause you issues. When water rises too quickly, it can cause overflow sending sewage back up the line into your home. Make sure to hire a professional to install the valve.
- Re-seal Your Windows & Doors
Your windows and doors act as defense mechanisms for your home. If they are poorly or improperly sealed, they could allow water to enter the home.
Move electrical cords up off the floor, elevate anything that is delicate or will damage easily. Move any boxes, furniture, or valuable items to higher ground.
Keeping your trees trimmed is another fairly easy way to protect your home against heavy rain. Tree branches and leaves can be a real problem when combined with heavy rain and wind. In addition to regular shedding and clogging of gutters, heavy rain and wind can allow branches and even entire trees to cause damage to your roof.
Flood damage is not covered by standard home insurance policies. You may need to purchase a separate policy. Make sure to contact your agent to review your coverage.
Floods can happen anywhere in the U.S. at any time of year. From bad weather to clogged storm drains, water can destroy your home or foundation in a matter of hours. The best way to minimize the damage from flooding is to promptly have the damage assessed and treated by a professional restoration company. SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes offer 24/7 Emergency Service and will make it “Like it never even happened.”
Are Online Reviews Important?
We are proud to be an active member of the Spencer community and want to do our part to make our community the best that it can be.
How many times have you looked up a local business on Google or Facebook and went straight to their customer reviews? To say that customer reviews and testimonials are powerful is an understatement. That’s because individuals find customer reviews are more trustworthy than what a local business might say about themselves.
Customer reviews enable us to continue providing the best experience possible for you, and helps others understand how we can make their home or business, “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes takes pride in making sure each customer has a pleasant experience that addresses their restoration and cleaning needs. Your feedback helps us improve our ability to provide customers with the best service possible. Your insights are incredibly valuable and will help us make sure we serve you and other amazing customers well in the future.
We encourage potential customers to check out our reviews to see what our customers have to say about us. We appreciate our customers taking the time to share their experience so we can better serve the community. Thank you for choosing SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes.
Mold Removal: Why Hire a Professional
If you suspect you have mold in your home or business, call SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes to set up a mold inspection 712-262-4379
When a home or business suffers from water damage, a mold infestation can begin as quickly as 48-72 hours. Mold can result in negative health effects to your family (asthma, respiratory problems, skin irritation, and even neurological issues) as well as damage to your property. Mold spores are everywhere and they only need the right conditions to grow into colonies. When these colonies start growing, you will notice black or green patches of mold on walls, ceilings, and floors.
Microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, so removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the spores become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
Our technicians are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certifies and sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industries.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
Every mold scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same.
Mold Remediation Process
- Emergency Contact – (712) 262-4379
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
You're Ready for Vacation, but Is Your House?
SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes is "Ready for whatever happens." 712-262-4379
Having someone check on your home while you are away can save you money if a disaster would strike. Left unchecked, a small repair can turn into a big nightmare. While you are gone ask someone who is reliable to monitor your home. Living in Northwest Iowa we are known to have some pretty severe cold snaps which in turn causes pipes to burst. With water everywhere, damage is inevitable. If there is no one coming in to check on your home the damage significantly worsens each day that you are away. What may have been a few hundred dollars in repair costs now is into the thousands of dollars as far as full-on repair and restoration project. Odds are you will end up being responsible for the majority of the cost if you did not have someone checking on your property in your absence and thus you invalidated your homeowner’s coverage.
Don’t let getting away from it all get you down this season. Whether you are planning a cross-country trip, or s small jaunt to a family cabin, be sure to check these pre-vacation to-dos off your list.
- Arrange for someone to walk through and inspect your home every few days. Have them go through each room on every floor, including the garage. Your insurance carrier may have guidelines that needs to be followed for how often someone needs to come in and check on your home. Call your insurance company if you have questions about these requirements.
- Shut off your home’s main water supply. If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time drain your pipes. If you decide against draining your pipes, keep the furnace running to help make sure your home stays warm. Make sure the temperature is set to 55 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
- Take care of your mail. Nothing screams, “We’re not home!” more than a bunch of mail stuffed in your mailbox and a pile of newspapers on the stoop. You can have put your mail delivery on hold while you are away or have the person who is checking on your home bring your mail inside. Arrange for someone to remove snow after any storms.
- Take home security measures while your gone. Leaving a light on for a while in the evening can be a good deterrent to would-be burglars. Use a timer to turn on a living room lamp for a few hours, you can also set outside lights to those timers. Confirm that your alarm or camera systems are in working order and have been activated. Ask your neighbors to keep an eye on your property. They can watch for unexpected visitors and support any suspicious behavior to the authorities. Don’t forget to lock all points of entry. This one might be harder than it sounds but try to avoid posting your travel plans on social media. At the very least, make your accounts private so potential thieves can’t see them.
- Take precautions for fire. Before you leave, make sure to unplug electronics around the house that don’t need power while you are gone. This will save you money and lower the risk of an electrical fire.
Even when you’ve taken all the right precautions, accidents and break-ins happen. This is why it’s so important to make sure your home insurance policy is up to date. If you haven’t reviewed your policy in a while, get in touch with your insurance provider to ensure your home and belongings are protected while you are away. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes is close by and ready to respond if water or fire damage strikes.
Join Our Team!
One team making a difference for people every day!
Do you love helping people through difficult situations?
Then, don’t miss your chance to join SERVPRO® of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes as a new Production Technician. In this position, you will be making a difference each and every day. We have a sincere drive toward the goal of helping make fire and water damage “Like it never even happened!"
Our locally-owned Franchise is seeking someone who is comfortable working hard in challenging situations, enjoys meeting new people, has excellent communication skills, and is a serious multi-tasker. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you’ll thrive in this work environment. Are you highly dependable and super-excited about routinely exceeding expectations? Then you may be our perfect hero!
As a valued SERVPRO® Franchise employee, you will receive a competitive pay rate, with opportunity to learn and grow.
BENEFITS: Health, dental insurance, life insurance, and paid time off. Retirement plan with 3% matching. Plus yearly bonuses and opportunity for advancement!
HOURS: Weekdays 8-5PM with hour lunch break. Rotating on-call and weekend emergency calls. Overtime is available for those wanting it!
COMPENSATION: Dependent on experience, plus periodic performance incentives.
Inventory and load the work vehicle with equipment, products, and supplies needed for each project. Maintain a clean and organized vehicle and clean equipment appearance. Prepare rooms/areas for work activities. Set up staging area and equipment for each project. Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance. Perform production processes following SERVPRO® production guidelines per work order per crew chief directions. Ensure clear two-way communication with crew chief and other technicians (especially regarding customer needs and concerns). Perform end-of-day/end-of-job cleanup and breakdown. Leave jobsite with a clean and orderly appearance.
Effective oral communication Basic math skills Experience in cleaning/restoration preferred High school diploma/GED IICRC certifications preferred Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds regularly, occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance Ability to climb ladders, work at ceiling heights, work in tight spaces (e.g., crawls spaces, attics) Ability to sit/stand/walk for prolonged periods of time Ability to repetitively push/pull/lift/carry objects Ability to work with/around cleaning products/chemicals Ability to travel locally and out of state when necessary Ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law
Must have a clean driving record Must pass a drug screening if asked Must grant permission for a criminal background investigation
Please email your resume to kelly@SERVPROspencer.com
Commercial Fire Damage
If your home or business is in need of fire restoration, Call SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes.
Photo Credit: Kodak Moments by Destiny
Fires can occur at any location including hotels, schools, retail stores, hospitals, and manufacturing sites. We understand how overwhelming the aftermath of a fire can be for business owners and that that reaction time is important to get business back up and running. Our experience in fire damage cleanup and repair can help relieve stress during a chaotic time.
The majority of fire insurance claims involve:
- Structural Damage. Scorching flames can cause significant damage to your property in a matter of minutes. The heat that is generated by a fire can cause walls to buckle and masonry to crack. Materials that are not incinerated may be warped, melted, or damaged, causing the need for replacement.
- Smoke & Soot. The damage from a fire goes beyond burned material. Smoke and soot will travel throughout the property, coating exposed surfaces of the structure and your contents. This coating is hazardous to your health and immediately begins to deteriorate, corrode, and stain surfaces.
- Fire Suppression Losses. Unfortunately, the efforts taken to stop fire damage can also cause damage to your property. Firefighting materials such as water, powders, or foam can cause damage to both burned and unburned items.
- During a structure fire, heat and pressurized smoke can permeate the air, infiltrate walls, ceilings cavities, and attic spaces, and find its way anywhere air can travel. After the fire is extinguished, porous materials begin the process of off-gassing and releasing volatile organic compounds. These odors can last for years if the affected materials are not properly cleaned, deodorized, encapsulated, or replaced.
- Business Interruption. Fire is one of the most common and costly hazards that affect businesses. You may have to set up a temporary location to continue operating or close your doors until sufficient repairs are made and inventory is replaced.
Fire damage to your commercial property can be devastating and catastrophic. We focus on restoring versus replacing because restoring the affected areas of your property is substantially less costly than demolishing and replacing those areas. This “restore first” mentality also allows us to get your business back to pre-fire condition quicker and with less disruption. The professionals at SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes are here to help you recover from the disaster.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Fire and Water Restoration Industry with over 2100 Franchises
- Highly Trained Fire and Water Damage Restoration Specialists
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
Call SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes for any water damage emergency 712-262-4379.
SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. Water damage, if not treated quickly and efficiently, can damage flooring, walls, personal belongings as well as heightening the chance for mold growth.
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
Call Today – (712) 262-4379
We understand the stress and confusion you may be feeling. Our team of professionals have specific training and the experience to help you through this though time. Avoid the uncertainty of trying to repair water damage alone. SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes can get your home or business back to preloss condition and eliminate the health and safety risks associated with do-it-yourself water damage restoration.
What to Expect
When you call, our staff will ask several questions to help determine what resources and equipment to bring.
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information
- Street address
- When did the damage occur
- Cause of water damage
- Is there electricity/heat available on-site
About SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes
SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned - it's a higher level of clean!
Disinfecting your business regularly is important, now more than ever. Between coronavirus and the other viruses and germs going around, the best way to prevent the spread is through regular sanitizing and disinfecting of the surfaces that are frequently used. Winter months bring new challenges to keep your business clean. SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes can tackle your cleaning concerns. We use the most advanced products and equipment to ensure clean, healthy environments.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, our new defensive pathogen cleaning program, goes way beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. With over 50 years of experience in biochemical spill remediation and decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes Professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
So how does it work? It’s grounded in our unique 3 C’s:
- Consult: Not all businesses are the same, so we’ll tailor a bespoke cleaning program based on the unique needs of each facility.
- Clean: Based on the agreed plan, an expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-Approved Hospital-Grade cleaning solutions and always adhering to the leading level of cleaning and decontamination standards set by the CDC.
- Certify: You’ll know a business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on their front window. Along with digital emblems and other collateral, this beacon represents their commitment to the comfort and security of their employees, customers, and community.
So, when you see the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield, you can walk in with confidence. Because you’ll know the #1 choice in clean up and restoration was there.
The winter season provides picturesque snowfalls, but it also means business owners must prepare to clean their properties more often and more carefully. We offer both cautionary and reactive cleaning. So whether you find yourself having an infected patron or employee, or simply want to take the extra step to keep everyone safe, give SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes a call at 712-262-4379.