Commercial Fire Damage
Fires can occur at any location including hotels, schools, retail stores, hospitals, and manufacturing sites. We understand how overwhelming the aftermath of a fire can be for business owners and that that reaction time is important to get business back up and running. Our experience in fire damage cleanup and repair can help relieve stress during a chaotic time.
The majority of fire insurance claims involve:
- Structural Damage. Scorching flames can cause significant damage to your property in a matter of minutes. The heat that is generated by a fire can cause walls to buckle and masonry to crack. Materials that are not incinerated may be warped, melted, or damaged, causing the need for replacement.
- Smoke & Soot. The damage from a fire goes beyond burned material. Smoke and soot will travel throughout the property, coating exposed surfaces of the structure and your contents. This coating is hazardous to your health and immediately begins to deteriorate, corrode, and stain surfaces.
- Fire Suppression Losses. Unfortunately, the efforts taken to stop fire damage can also cause damage to your property. Firefighting materials such as water, powders, or foam can cause damage to both burned and unburned items.
- During a structure fire, heat and pressurized smoke can permeate the air, infiltrate walls, ceilings cavities, and attic spaces, and find its way anywhere air can travel. After the fire is extinguished, porous materials begin the process of off-gassing and releasing volatile organic compounds. These odors can last for years if the affected materials are not properly cleaned, deodorized, encapsulated, or replaced.
- Business Interruption. Fire is one of the most common and costly hazards that affect businesses. You may have to set up a temporary location to continue operating or close your doors until sufficient repairs are made and inventory is replaced.
Fire damage to your commercial property can be devastating and catastrophic. We focus on restoring versus replacing because restoring the affected areas of your property is substantially less costly than demolishing and replacing those areas. This “restore first” mentality also allows us to get your business back to pre-fire condition quicker and with less disruption. The professionals at SERVPRO of Spencer & Iowa Great Lakes are here to help you recover from the disaster.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Fire and Water Restoration Industry with over 2100 Franchises
- Highly Trained Fire and Water Damage Restoration Specialists